Thursday, February 12, 2015

Time is Short...

Well, it's really happening.  10 weeks seemed like such a long time, and now we look back in surprise that it's almost over.  What a privilege it has been to spend time here, and develop relationships with so many amazing people!  Almost every lunch and dinner this week is scheduled with someone that we want to spend just a little bit more time with, and say thank you one more time.  People have been so gracious and treated us to such delicious food.  Tonight we visited the Chiang Mai Lemongrass, owned by family members of the one in Fairbanks.  The food was very tasty, and just a little bit cheaper. 
 
To make reality really hit, I posted my bike for sale on Chiang Mai Swap and Sell.  Would anyone like a really sweet bike with a handy basket for carrying things (like 6 liter jugs of water, groceries, CPR infant mannequins, childbirth education supplies, etc.), and an extra seat on the back that is super useful if you need to ride double somewhere quick?  My only concern with this bike was that I almost lost my left pedal a couple of times.  Then Mike "fixed" it but forgot to put it back on opposing the other pedal, and that made me feel like I'd forgotten how to ride a bike.  But Mike then reinstalled it correctly, it pedals great, and this bike is ready for the road!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment